Who we are
Children's Ministry ministers to children that are newborn–5th grade.
Our Vision: What is our hope?
Our vision is to assist parents in the spiritual nurture of their children by seeing children GROW as disciples and GO make disciples.
We seek to do this in three ways: KNOW the story, LIVE the story, and SHARE the story. By story, we mean the Gospel, God’s narrative story to us all.
Our Mission: What is our plan?
KNOW the Story: The covenant family is called to tell the Gospel story from generation to generation. We are committed to telling God’s story to our children. We teach His Word diligently, believing that our children will know God, His ways, His heart, and their place as children in the covenant family.
LIVE the Story: We desire that children will encounter the Gospel of grace and live empowered by the grace of God.
SHARE the Story: From a young age, we want our children to have opportunities to serve and share God’s story with others.
Core Values: What drives our mission? What are we passionate about?
- Great Commission-minded
Opportunities to Get Involved:
KNOW the Story: Sunday School & Children’s Worship
LIVE the Story: Friendsdays on selected Wednesday Nights during the school year
SHARE the Story: Kirk Kids on Sunday Night during the school year & Special Events
What we do
Everything we do is structured by our Vision and Mission, see how that plays out:
Sunday School—8:45–9:45 am
- Children have fun and fellowship while being given instruction from God's Word.
- Click here for a current list of classrooms.
- VISITORS: Please find the Red Desk located downstairs in front of Room 121 in the school hallway and someone will be happy to show you to your room!
Children's Worship—Sundays during Worship
- Children can attend the regular worship service or Children's Worship. See below for details.
(September–November and January–April)
Dates: September 27, October 25, November 29, January 31, February 28, March 21, April 25
Friendsdays—6:15–7:30 pm in "The Treehouse" (Room 207)
- Preschoolers–5th grade Join us for a fun task and learn some of the great truths in the Bible. You don't want your child missing this evening of fun, faith, and fellowship.
(September–November and January–April)
Kirk Kids—5:15–7:00 pm in "The Treehouse" (Room 207)
- Children age 3–5th Grade: Our theme this fall is "Beautiful Oops." We will be looking at major blunders and mistakes throughout history and in God's word to see how "God makes all things beautiful in His time." Feel free to bring a sack supper; after mealtime, our evening will be filled with games, crafts, and looking at a different big mistake each week.
- Every year we have several large events that provide opportunities to invite the community to join us. Visit our Events Page for details.
Children's Worship – Sunday Mornings
For those who desire a worship option for their preschool-aged children (3 year olds and up), the Kirk provides a worship experience at the child's developmental level from 10:00–11:15 am each Sunday morning.
Children’s Worship (3 year olds and up)
You have two options:
Option #1: Attend the regular worship service:
- For our youngest group, we provide a small clipboard, crayons, and paper, so children can draw pictures of what they see and hear during worship.
- For older children, we provide the Worship Worksheet, which is used in conjunction with the bulletin and helps guide children in learning the parts of the worship Service.
Option #2: Attend Children's Worship
- Children walk with the Children's Ministry flag to the Chapel and experience an age-appropriate worship service called Let's BUILD a Worship Service. Children will learn the parts of a worship service as we worship together. We're assisted by an elder as well as a God's Word teacher. The other jobs, including singer, musicians, and ushers, are performed by the children themselves.
Who leads us
Director of Children’s Ministry:
Mother’s Day Out (Toddler Time) Director
The Children's Council
The Children's Council is a group of passionate members who want to see the children of the Kirk grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ. This team consists of members interested in coming together to dream, plan, and provide opportunities for children to be nurtured in the love and knowledge of Christ.
Elder and Pastoral Oversight
- Charles Waldron
- Ben Porter